Thuraya Satellite Service offers a cost-effective regional satellite-based mobile telephone services. Thuraya provides coverage to some 99 countries in Europe, the Middle East, North and Central Africa, the Indian Subcontinent and Central Asia. Service is provided through dynamic dual mode handsets and satellite payphones. Subscribers access Thuraya’s mobile satellite system through national mobile networks, and Thuraya’s system whenever their preferred national network is out of reach. The Primary Gateway is located in Sharjah, UAE serving the entire Thuraya coverage area. Other gateways will be established as necessary.
Thuraya offers satellite, cellular (GSM) service and location determination system (GPS) in a single dual mode handset that is lightweight, elegant and easy to use. The dynamic handset offers voice, data, fax and short messaging services.
- Voice: GSM quality
- Fax: ITU-T G3 at 2.4,4.8 and 9.6 kbps
- Data: at 2.4, 4.8 and 9.6 kbps
- Messaging: GSM short message service
- Location determination: within 100 meters accuracy (Global Positioning System)
Value Added Services
- Short Message Service (SMS)
- Voice mail
- Operator assisted services
- Subscriber Location Determination
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Services
- Prepaid Services
- Freephone and Premium rate
- Hot billing